Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wild about Books!


I love those days when Amazon packages come in the mail, and the boxes are full of nothing but BOOKS!

I admit, my husband has gotten to rolling his eyes about my book buying habit, but I'm excited for this batch of books.  They are books I'm looking forward to reading and sharing with my students.  I hope to read one or more of them aloud to my students yet this year.

I'm so excited to read Counting by 7s.  This book, by Holly Goldberg Sloan, has so many awards and positive comments on Amazon, I hardly had to read the summary. 


This book, Stand in my Shoes, appealed to me.  I often feel that kids need more direct instruction about how to show empathy towards others.  I can't wait to share this book with my fifth graders after spring break!!



A colleague recommended My Weird Writing Tips at a meeting this year, and it automatically went on my Amazon "wish list."  I love the style of this book, and I think kids will really appreciate the way Dan Gutman writes in this book.  I'm sure that kids will see writing as a really cool thing to do, after reading this book!



I really enjoy Newbery books.  Though I've never taken a "Newbery Challenge" before (to read all of the Newbery books), I think Penny from Heaven will be a great read.  Set in 1953, it's about a girl named Penny and her life experiences during that time period.



I hadn't heard of Touchblue book before, so I am eager to read it.  It's by the same author of Rules.  I loved the cover.  I know, we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but it's still an okay reason to initially pick up a book...



I'm heading toward the tail end of my spring break...Will I read all of these books before the end of break?  No, likely not.  But I have lots of great reads ahead of me, and that makes me happy.

Excuse me, I think that is the doorbell ringing.  It might be another Amazon package for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment